Search the forum,

Discuss Water Regulations approved booster Pumpset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

Got go and see a potential one Monday pm - I think its a grundfos - effort - bumps things up to
11/12 litres a min but is water regs legal -------- anybody know the name model make and
has anybody fitted them - are they any good. They boost up combis in low water pressure/volume areas
and steal the neighbours water .:behead:

centralheatking:wheelchair:

Fitted a home boost last week. Was rubbish, didn't work so had to take it back out.

I've just read and watched the video, was hoping to fit one on a property that wanted an unvented but only has 14 litres/ min flow, but it seems the home boost will only create 12/ l/min, so it's no good to me either.

You'll need an accumulator or a break tank, if its not viable to upgrade mains.

I think Grundfos do a package unit with breaktank and booster pump.

It's a black box if I remember. Never fitted one.

But have fitted much larger and they are very effective

I think Grundfos do a package unit with breaktank and booster pump.

It's a black box if I remember. Never fitted one.

But have fitted much larger and they are very effective

Have just checked this out, looks very favourable for my job.

even 12L is not good enough to have a combi ,
i am fitting a 100 gallon with a stuart turner Uneversal single impeller 3bar pump which will supply about 22L
I have done first stage of the job to remove old system and fit the combi temporary until they are ready for the rest of the work , I am just not sure should I run the cold feed to the pump in 28mm or should I do first few meters in 28mm and then go to 22mm , total distance from tank in the loft to pump in the ground floor is about 8m

You'll need an accumulator or a break tank, if its not viable to upgrade mains.

just want to say that accumulator will only work if there is a good pressure but pure flow and accumulator will balance the supply when flow decrease

But this is only going to give you like 11L , how is this any good ! Please explain

But this is only going to give you like 11L , how is this any good ! Please explain

There's some terraced houses round my way all on a shared water supply, they only get a dribble first thing in the morning - they'd be well happy with 11lpm

Have looked at this situation on an economic front. I was going to install a break tank, pump and unvented cylinder. Did the maths and thought, hang about, I only need good pressure and flow for two showers and one bath, one of which is in the bath. Solution: two shower pumps off a conventional gravity HW cylinder £100 a piece. All the other outlets, I don't need massive pressure. The incoming main gives 1 bar at 9 litres pm.

if they only get a dribble that means some one is sucking it in big time ! and if 1 have a booster pump then the rest will have even less

Have looked at this situation on an economic front. I was going to install a break tank, pump and unvented cylinder. Did the maths and thought, hang about, I only need good pressure and flow for two showers and one bath, one of which is in the bath. Solution: two shower pumps off a conventional gravity HW cylinder £100 a piece. All the other outlets, I don't need massive pressure. The incoming main gives 1 bar at 9 litres pm.
that is a option where cylinder could be still used I agree !but combi on 9-12L is a big NO

Yes your right there; Combi's on low water pressure/flow are a pain:rockon2: Was not sure about these new booster pumps, as I thought this was against water regs; but if they are approved and work then fair play, will go with that:hurray:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Regulations approved booster Pumpset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock