Search the forum,

Discuss water regs and unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayman

Hello to all I am going to do theses courses soon just was wondering what's the best way the revise for these exams and how are you tested and was it hard lol any online test to help you
Thanks

Read through both the manuals that accompany these course answer the self testing questions at the end of each section, if you get any wrong go back & re-read section.
Then all you have to do is pay full attention through out the training part of the course & combine this with your practical experience & job done.
I must say you are taking a lot of course jayman. Good Luck

Water regs was an open book, multiple choice exam for me, it will help getting yourself familiar with the regs book, get used to the different chapters so it's easier to find the answer when answering the questions, thats the best advice i can offer for water regs as there's so much info in there you won't learn it off by heart. There are some key dates and facts that you will probably be expected to know but all will be explained on the course.

Where I did my unvented course I was provided with the book with all the info, even though it was supposed to be sent out to me I didn't get it until I turned up for the course (I didn't know the book was included so didn't know to ask). I don't have the book to hand to let you know which one. 1 day course pretty straight forward if you pay attention. Some questions may trip you up but all the info will be taught on the course. Also you will probably have to do a short practical test, mine was two separate systems and we had to list the faults. Try and get a couple of cylinder MI's and have a look at the installation requirements so you can become familiar with the different terms and fittings etc.

Put the work in you should be fine, I don't know if there's any online info.
The water regs one I can't remember, the unvented course has to be done every 5 years and you get all the info on the day

Water regs was an open book, multiple choice exam for me, it will help getting yourself familiar with the regs book, get used to the different chapters so it's easier to find the answer when answering the questions, thats the best advice i can offer for water regs as there's so much info in there you won't learn it off by heart. There are some key dates and facts that you will probably be expected to know but all will be explained on the course.

Where I did my unvented course I was provided with the book with all the info, even though it was supposed to be sent out to me I didn't get it until I turned up for the course (I didn't know the book was included so didn't know to ask). I don't have the book to hand to let you know which one. 1 day course pretty straight forward if you pay attention. Some questions may trip you up but all the info will be taught on the course. Also you will probably have to do a short practical test, mine was two separate systems and we had to list the faults. Try and get a couple of cylinder MI's and have a look at the installation requirements so you can become familiar with the different terms and fittings etc.
Have you got any idea on what the book is thay said to me I will get everything on the day

jayman said:
armyash said:
jayman said:
armyash said:
unvented bpec - Google Search

did a google search for the book i have, it's the BPEC one. Has everyhing you need to know
many thanks for your mate how much did you pay for the book

No worries, I paid ÂŁ195 for the course and the book was included.
that's great mate thanks how did you find the exam hard or was it ok

The test wasn't too hard mate, where are you based? These training centers don't want people to fail so will give you as much info as possible to help you pass.

Had to reply to your message on the thread as was unable to send as PM because it says your inbox is full.

The book is BPEC Domestic vented & unvented hot water systems. Its a pretty easy book prob find the same info as reading online ! It just tells you safety devices etc there uses and opertaion ! Like said get a few MI's

water regs is a big folder ! Alot to learn ! These books are included in the price of the courses are they not ?

the unvented is very easy really, just read up abit and you will fly it.

where yow doin the course? avoid idsl/eon training ac., stick to dudley or stourbridge college if you have a choice.

I wouldn't worry about the course but when you are installing cylinders the discharge pipe and position of the expansion vessel are the biggest mistakes installers make, with the discharge it's water damage with water backing up the tundish and with the vessel it's noise issues.

I wouldn't worry about the course but when you are installing cylinders the discharge pipe and position of the expansion vessel are the biggest mistakes installers make, with the discharge it's water damage with water backing up the tundish and with the vessel it's noise issues.
What like this one I found last week ? Anyone know who made it, BTW?? DSCF0446.jpg

What like this one I found last week ? Anyone know who made it, BTW??View attachment 12016

Reminds me I must get some bungees.

The way that vessel is fitted leaves it susceptible to noise issues, usually first thing in the morning when the householder first opens their hot tap but sometimes the cold.

Never seen that cylinder before.

Reminds me I must get some bungees.

The way that vessel is fitted leaves it susceptible to noise issues, usually first thing in the morning when the householder first opens their hot tap but sometimes the cold.

Never seen that cylinder before.
Hi Gary71
Why do you say that noise may be an issue ?? It is making a noise first thing but not when they open tap's.

Hi Gary71
Why do you say that noise may be an issue ?? It is making a noise first thing but not when they open tap's.

Its all about the pressure, usually a domestic unvented installation reaches its optimum pressure over night, that pressure is absorbed by the expansion vessel, the associated pipework and the cylinder, when you have a vessel pictured like the one above you tend to get air traped in the vessel, the noise is generated by the air leaving the vessel, this will be repeated every time the installation reaches optimum pressure and can be activated by any movement on the cold or hot pipework, its a nightmare to fault find, fitting the vessel as close as is practical or on a Flexable hose can help deal with noise issues, one other thing if the vessel is part of the combination valve then the valve can be effected by the higher stored pressure which then can cause intermittant valve shudder resonating noise around the pipework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water regs and unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock