Search the forum,

Discuss Water pump turns off as shower temperature is increased in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We recently moved into our house and have had a few issues with the cold water and showers.

The cold water goes from the tank through a water pump to the shower. hot water is fed from a combi-boiler.

If you turn the shower on with the temp set to cold, you can hear the water pump kick in and the pressure if obviously fine. As you turn the temperature up pressure out of the shower head reduces, and then the cold water pump de-activates.

We can get round it by having the sink tap running with cold water - this activates the pump. But its not ideal!

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any advice
Graham

Hi all,

We recently moved into our house and have had a few issues with the cold water and showers.

The cold water goes from the tank through a water pump to the shower. hot water is fed from a combi-boiler.

If you turn the shower on with the temp set to cold, you can hear the water pump kick in and the pressure if obviously fine. As you turn the temperature up pressure out of the shower head reduces, and then the cold water pump de-activates.

We can get round it by having the sink tap running with cold water - this activates the pump. But its not ideal!

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any advice
Graham
It might be that the mains and tank fed sides are unbalenced , this issue used to be a problem years ago, how old is your gaff ?
centralheatking....what I am suggesting is that its not a component failure but a pre existing installation fault nit picked up when you bought the place. centralheatking

house is 20 - 25 years old.

we live in a (very) low pressure area - so getting rid of the pump will cause other problems right?

house is 20 - 25 years old.

we live in a (very) low pressure area - so getting rid of the pump will cause other problems right?
look the pump is in the wrong place , treat the disease not the symptom, get a big mains booster for the whole place, if you want I can specify
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

So get it tested rather than GUessand mains the cold surely??? If they need a booster a pro will tell them I’d be amazed if they had enough pressure for hot but not cold

Last edited:

Reply to Water pump turns off as shower temperature is increased in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock