Search the forum,

Discuss Water Pump Issue in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can you post a pic of the piping / cylinder cupboard

new shower cabin with a jets ect and had not enough pressure but was easier and seemed to be more practical to boost whole system then just shower alone
pressure and flow are not one and the same thing. You can have low pressure and high flow and low flow and high pressure. You have a flow issue right now with the cold water. An increase in pipe diam from the vented, unpressuried tank in the loft to the pump inlet would help. The pump won't be able to physically put more water through but a larger diam pipe reduced into the pump will aid both volume (flow) and add some pressure (force)

pressure and flow are not one and the same thing. You can have low pressure and high flow and low flow and high pressure. You have a flow issue right now with the cold water. An increase in pipe diam from the vented, unpressuried tank in the loft to the pump inlet would help. The pump won't be able to physically put more water through but a larger diam pipe reduced into the pump will aid both volume (flow) and add some pressure (force)
i am currently have 3/4 pipe feeding pump both cold and hot so you are saying to reduce to 1/2 to ?

I was suggesting more like 22 or 28mm into the pump. You really should be doing these as formal mathematical calculations or its just going to be a guess. Start with gathering the data so get a pressure gauge. You need to know what flow/pressure comes into the house (potential to upgrade mains in?) then pressure/flow at different points in the house (this can also give indications as to restrictions and blockages that would otherwise remain unknown) then repeat the tests with other taps/baths/dishwashers/toilets running. Static pressure and initial flow is only one small part, you need to test real world application design

22mm is more than good enough for a domestic pump

Op I would listen to Shaun, I don’t think greengrant is a plumber or to be charitable he seems to have got confused about your system.

Idk if its draws air but that sound is kinda random ether when running for longer time or when you close water and pump goes off then the sound kicks in

so the issue is actually with the toilet , toilet filling valve toucing toilet tank and starts vibrating causing very loud noise . The question is if thats normal that its vibrates at all . because i will push that valve away from the tank to solve he issue but should it vibrate at all

Reply to Water Pump Issue in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock