Search the forum,

Discuss Water Pump Issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello i have recently installed a water pump in my house and have an issue some very strange noise you can hear in the video Below from 1:20 minute .
This happens randombly actually not sure what causes but as example you can run the shower in a first minute is nothing and after some time this strange sound starts when you switch off pump it goes off ,and the noise is not pump from the pump itself. also often happens if you run water and then close pump switches off and then this noise kicks in . its seems to be coming from the pipes or somewhere in the bathroom floors starts vibrating . Below i will show how pump is connected and video its self . If anyone can help me to identify what is causing this noise . Pump is new and working as it should both on cold and hot water .
Untitled-1.jpg

Need a new toilet float / inlet valve

also you got a picture of how you have connected the pump ?

Need a new toilet float / inlet valve

also you got a picture of how you have connected the pump ?
is exactly the way i the picture i posted here . no bended pipes or anything like that .
i split hot water pipe thats comes out of cylinder and just run though that pipe hot in , hot out and same with the cold water

Thought so you can’t do it like that as you’ve altered the vent and you need an s flange for the pump

defo toilet ball / float valve is the issue regarding the noise / vibration

As Shaun has said you cannot connect hot like that
Do a web search for warix flange I find that's easiest method.
Almost certainly pump fitting instructions will show something similar,.

is the noise (which is air BTW) only on the cold side? Can you open multiple hot taps without drop in flow (leaving space for air (which is what is happening))? or does it only happen on the cold feed? Your diagram shows hot water being pressurised from the tank but cold is from an repressurised feed.

is the noise (which is air BTW) only on the cold side? Can you open multiple hot taps without drop in flow (leaving space for air (which is what is happening))? or does it only happen on the cold feed? Your diagram shows hot water being pressurised from the tank but cold is from an repressurised feed.
i believe its only on a cold . yes it is exactly how its in diagram , as i was looking other plumbers videos on youtube and thats the way everyone is connecting . its just i havent installed flange maybe thats what is causing apart from toilet as Shaun said

so the problem is as I have outlined. The cold water flow rate is insufficient to allow the simultaneous operation of the pump and another cold water outlet. This is common (think combi) so the only way to overcome this is 1. Don't flush the toilet or use other cold water outlets while using the pump 2. Fit a pressurised cold water tank to the system (the same way you have a hot water tank)

so the problem is as I have outlined. The cold water flow rate is insufficient to allow the simultaneous operation of the pump and another cold water outlet. This is common (think combi) so the only way to overcome this is 1. Don't flush the toilet or use other cold water outlets while using the pump 2. Fit a pressurised cold water tank to the system (the same way you have a hot water tank)
but there is like 1000 liters of cold water in the attic witch is filled with the mains (2-3 bars ) pump is also 3 bars so is that not enough ?

your issue is not with hot water so the flange makes no difference

will as we don’t know what he’s done with the vent connection / will be pulling air into the pump

so have you already tested the water outlet and have readings of 3 bar? what is the flow rate? You need to test static (when nothing is happening) and then when using things (real world)
The tank's outlet pressure will be governed by a different quation which will include height :)

he said cold water side only..easy enough to test that though

but he’s boosting both hot and cold

so hot side need a flange else pump will wear quick due to oxygen being pulling in / could air lock

cold side ball valve isn’t rated for mains pressure will have a gravity nozzle in

Op please get a pro in before you do something bad

i could just do one way valve for vent so would not be pulling air if thats the problem
so replace air with a vacuum LOL not a good idea. You don't have enough water through the cold side (you said it was cold side right!) so you create an operational work around (only use the pump in isolation) or you find a permanent solution. I hate this man but it does show what is needed

so replace air with a vacuum LOL not a good idea. You don't have enough water through the cold side (you said it was cold side right!) so you create an operational work around (only use the pump in isolation) or you find a permanent solution. I hate this man but it does show what is needed
i was looking his video on how to install the pump :D

1610293625093.jpeg

Domestic hot water . i dont have that i boost the whole system not only shower taps and toilets ect
so ALL cold water feed comes from the tank? So no cold water pipes come off the rising main (into the tank)? If this is the case, then you don't have mains pressure from the header tank at all but you have mains pressure from the hot water tank so there is an immediate imbalance between the 2. Who told you to use that set-up?

so ALL cold water feed comes from the tank? So no cold water pipes come off the rising main (into the tank)? If this is the case, then you don't have mains pressure from the header tank at all but you have mains pressure from the hot water tank so there is an immediate imbalance between the 2. Who told you to use that set-up?
attic tank was feeding both hot water tank and all taps and showers before i installed pump . now attic tank feed hot water tank and pump witch boost attic pressure. its exactly how in this video its just that pump not only for the shower but for all other taps

Reply to Water Pump Issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock