Search the forum,

Discuss Water meter service key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lag1rich

Does anyone know as where to get a service key from for the following meter?
water-meter.jpg

I have told the woman at the house its faulty as the dials will not turn and told her to get in touch with water board to get a new one fitted for free but she wont for odious reasons - Free water

So I wanted to see if there was anything jamming the dials or anything or a quick Oil/WD40 does the trick!

Thanks, Richard

I would leave well alone, she is having a result, and you may end up in the brown stuff is you start using WD40 on a drinking supply.

no but wd40 or anything similar could still contaminate the water supply even if you think the meter is totally sealed, only ever use fluids, pastes etc suitable for potable water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water meter service key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas connected to the regulator. But gas is not getting to the stove or water heater. The previous tenant had turned the gas tap off at the meter but it's on now...
Replies
Views
We’ve purchased a 1920’s bungalow that’s been unoccupied for a long time. I’m in the process of trying to sort the water supply at the moment. The water meter was submerged and when drained would quickly fill up again, we had south west water take a look, they said it was a leak on the service...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have an odd one, i have had one like this before but would like to know the reasoning behind it if there are any explanations. My customer has had a bath installed a year and a half ago but has had no constant hot water through the tap since it came out of the box. She has put up with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock