Search the forum,

Discuss Water mains in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, had a look at the water mains on a new build. It's in a rural area, private water scheme. I'm trying to figure out if the supply will be enough

There's 1/2" hydrodare, it gives 1.8 bar of pressure and 15 litres of water per minute.

I know on my own house the static pressure is 4 bar and it drops to 3 bar with one tap open and then to 2 bar with two taps open.

That has me fairly concerned, there's two tanks to be fed in this house and three outdoor taps. It has all the extras in the kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher and coffee maker so demand will be high.

I wondering if I can fix this at the mains, increase pipe size. Or should I opt for an accumulator tank?

IMO, accumulators are solutions of last resort, so if it's feasible to upgrade the supply I'd do that. You should check with the managers of the private water scheme to ensure that they are willing and able to supply more than 15 litre / min. The answer is likely to be either 'No' or 'Only if you pay £££s for us to upgrade our infrastructure.

Before buying, I'd look very carefully into the ownership and management of the 'private water scheme'. If it's currently run by the developer, they'll probably want to offload it as soon as the last property is sold, at which point you become hostage to whoever takes it over.

Need to know the supply coming in pressure and flow rate

Reply to Water mains in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock