Search the forum,

Discuss Water mains trench - bend radius in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking to replace my water supply. I will be digging the trench on my side myself. I have all the safe dig plans etc and found the guide on the southern water website:

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 10.20.15.png

Slightly confused by the 750mm minimum from the outside wall. Is this an actual thing? Every stopcock I have ever seen has been secured to the wall in some way. My wall construction is solid block-work with insulated stud wall which comes to 342.5mm thick all in. This means the pipe would come up in the middle of the floor.

2nd question is if I use 32mm MDPE the minimum bend radius would be 480mm. Would I be allowed to use a compression elbow like the one in this link within the pipe lagging part after the footings so that it can come up closer to the internal wall?

Below Ground Elbow

Have a look for INSUduct fully compliant with all regulations no hole to dig under footings!
Thank you, I did have a look at this. I can't see them doing a 32mm unfortunately but not a deal breaker. The issue I have is that this is a listed building so anything visible outside like this would need to go through Listed Building Consent. (i.e. painful and slow)

My bad. Just seen the 32mm INSUduct External Water Supply Protection - https://store.jdpipes.co.uk/insuduct-external-water-pipe-supply-protection-box/

We have used them on listed properties by finishing insuduct just below ground level then core drilling at a angle from inside to meet it.
We use 110mm core hole correct insulation then foam fill.

Tbh I wouldn’t want fittings below ground unless you really have to also use some 4” drain and long radius bends to sleeve it into your house

We have used them on listed properties by finishing insuduct just below ground level then core drilling at a angle from inside to meet it.
We use 110mm core hole correct insulation then foam fill.
I might be missing something but I don't really get the benefit? You would still need to core drill, just one system slightly higher than the other. They also don't seem to make the 32mm hockey sticks so would force me to use 25mm.

The other problem is that the building where this is going to be is 40cm higher above ground level than the other part of the house so I don't think I would be able to achieve this without some of it being visible.

Or

Reply to Water mains trench - bend radius in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of sharing the same pipework as my neighbours. Is this doable and if so is it the water board who will carry this out or a plumber? My flat has shared...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock