Search the forum,

Discuss Water issue in outhouse in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi,

I'm having an issue with water in my outhouse. I have a sink in the outhouse with a mixer tap and a undersink water heater.

There is a blue pipe going underground into the outhouse from the main house to supply water connection to the outhouse. For past few days the tap in the outhouse has stopped working however anytime a tap is opened in the main house the tap in the out house starts to work.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Is there a pressure reducing valve on feed to outhouse? I imagine there is. If installed the wrong way around this could happen. Had the same on an old oil combi. I initially installed the PRV the wrong way around (the combi cold pressure needed to be reduced because the excessive pressure was eating seals). Only when dynamic pressure in the rest of the house dropped below PRV setting did I get flow to boiler.

Is there a pressure reducing valve on feed to outhouse? I imagine there is. If installed the wrong way around this could happen. Had the same on an old oil combi. I initially installed the PRV the wrong way around (the combi cold pressure needed to be reduced because the excessive pressure was eating seals). Only when dynamic pressure in the rest of the house dropped below PRV setting did I get flow to boiler.

Hi,

There is a prv reducing valve which is connected on the incoming cold feed pipe in the outhouse which then is plumbed to the undersink water heater and cold tap.

I will have a look at it.

Hi,

There is a prv reducing valve which is connected on the incoming cold feed pipe in the outhouse which then is plumbed to the undersink water heater and cold tap.

I will have a look at it.

There will be a direction of flow arrow on the valve, this should coincide with the cold main flow.
It is possible the valve worked up until now but the incoming main pressure to a property can change at any given time, this is down to the waterboard and you have no control over it.

There will be a direction of flow arrow on the valve, this should coincide with the cold main flow.
It is possible the valve worked up until now but the incoming main pressure to a property can change at any given time, this is down to the waterboard and you have no control over it.
Hi,

So we had a new water meter fitted few days ago and it started after this so may well be the flow direction has changed.

I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Reply to Water issue in outhouse in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock