Search the forum,

Discuss Water inlet hose for washing machine won't fit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Forgive my inexperience, I'm a first time buyer and unfamiliar with anything plumbing related. We had a washing machine delivered today and the supplier was unable to hook it up as the tap for the water inlet hose was so close to the wall that the wings on the connector on the inlet hose keep catching on the wall. The layout for the water lines is obviously pretty bad but I'm just wondering if there's some kind of adapter I can buy so that I'll be able to attach the inlet hose to the tap? I've included some pictures - hope it makes sense. I was looking for a solution at Screwfix but I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210129_111408.jpg
    20210129_111408.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210129_111437.jpg
    20210129_111437.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 16
The fitting with a blue plastic handle is a washing machine tee.

Slacken the two compression nuts on either side of the tee and you will be able to rotate the fitting then tighten the two nuts so that it stays in that useable position.
You only need to slacken the nuts a fraction, then you could do it live; if you are worried about this then turn the water off at the mains first.

Three options:
1. As Ben-gee suggests above. Only downside is if the machine won't go as far back towards the wall once the valve is rotated.
2. Chisel a chink out of the plaster / wall to allow the wings of the plastic nut to pass.
3. Cut the wings off the nut and use grips to tighten the plastic nut onto the valve.

Manufacturers hose tend to have the Wings.
Aftermarket ones tend not to.
If the hose is screwed ito the machine and is removabel you could fit an aftermarket one from Screwfix (they have several smaller protrusions not 2 big wings) or similar. making sure it didn't have wings.

Toolstation have the old style

However I'd go for Option 2 above, chisel out some plaster.

Reply to Water inlet hose for washing machine won't fit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock