Search the forum,

Discuss water help no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking at the shiote in the filter, could be stopping it. Can you take a photo of your pump (if it’s near cylinder) and 3 port layout? Just to maybe get a different perspective.

Best I can get I'm afraid no David bailey

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_210325_50.jpg
    IMG_20190803_210325_50.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20190803_210343_50.jpg
    IMG_20190803_210343_50.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 31
Hard to tell from that photo, but I’m unsure if that first valve on the pump is fully open? Check both are fully open (anti-clockwise). Also check your boiler thermostat is turned up.

On both , when it was first so called repaired it all worked on pump speed 2 , but then struggled so had to be moved to 3, my thinking is it's a blockage moving around but I'm doing a lot of thinking over it all probably too much lol.
It could easily be an airlock after the repair. The plumber most likely drained down to some degree to change the valve so an air lock would not be uncommon. Try cycling your hot water on and off for a few minutes. Using the programmer turn the hot water on, for 10 - 20 seconds, off for 10 - 20 seconds and do this for a few minutes. You should be able to hear the water move and possible hear bubbles in the system. Other than that it could be a blockage or even a blocked cold feed/dried up f&e tank.

Sounds like air in the system, try bleeding all radiators and any manual / automatic vent points. If no air comes out I'm afraid you'll have to hire another plumber or get the first one back, I hope you haven't paid him!

I would never leave a customer like this

Sounds like air in the system, try bleeding all radiators and any manual / automatic vent points. If no air comes out I'm afraid you'll have to hire another plumber or get the first one back, I hope you haven't paid him!

I would never leave a customer like this

We have paid him as it was working. Albeit was only £240 but it's the time frame.

I have header tank and cold water tank, both full.

Also now can't get the cap off to fit Immersion heater. Omfg
The smaller of the 2 tanks, what was the condition of the water like, did you try pushing a screwdriver or something into the tank outlet to make sure it was clear?

Ok am I doing something wrong, this is the tap the plumber drained the water out of the system with above the boiler. In my little mind I thought if I opened that valve/tap water should come out, am I wrong do I have to open anything else. I don't want to completely drain everything down just view the water or make sure it's making it to the boiler and it's not just air pushing around.

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_165017_50.jpg
    IMG_20190804_165017_50.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 8
Ok am I doing something wrong, this is the tap the plumber drained the water out of the system with above the boiler. In my little mind I thought if I opened that valve/tap water should come out, am I wrong do I have to open anything else. I don't want to completely drain everything down just view the water or make sure it's making it to the boiler and it's not just air pushing around.

Yes that’s the drain cock and is used for draining purposes.

So I should have water come out of that?
Water will come out so long as the washer isn't stuck or the valve blocked. If the plumber recently used it then it should be fine. What I would do is attach a hose, open the valve and then go in the loft to check that the water level in the tank drops and refills. This will prove if the cold feed is blocked or not.

Water will come out so long as the washer isn't stuck or the valve blocked. If the plumber recently used it then it should be fine. What I would do is attach a hose, open the valve and then go in the loft to check that the water level in the tank drops and refills. This will prove if the cold feed is blocked or not.

Nothing comes out when I undo the square bit, do I have to push or press anything, it opens very easily but not even a drip out of it when square bit fully open.

Nothing comes out when I undo the square bit, do I have to push or press anything, it opens very easily but not even a drip out of it when square bit fully open.
If it was me, I'd slightly unscrew the circular nut that the square nut passes through, don't take it all out but it will allow you open the drain valve further, this can sometimes free off the washer in the valve. Be warned though, if the washer is knackered you could find the valve won't re seal. Personally I'd wait till tomorrow till shops are open to get a replacement if needed.

If it was me, I'd slightly unscrew the circular nut that the square nut passes through, don't take it all out but it will allow you open the drain valve further, this can sometimes free off the washer in the valve. Be warned though, if the washer is knackered you could find the valve won't re seal. Personally I'd wait till tomorrow till shops are open to get a replacement if needed.

I Agree with Craig, best wait til tomorrow :)

I've given up properly now.

That lock ring thing was quite loose.

My partner said she saw the the plumber draining water out there with hose attached with clear water running through, again in my head the colour of water in header tank how can it be running clear.

I think it's beyond my knowledge understanding. I can see how it all works but I'm not a plumber and I think it's best left to the professionals, just not the same one we had before.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Reply to water help no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock