Search the forum,

Discuss Water heater type/size advice for a charity please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Some advice for a small charity if possible please.
I’ve been asked to reinstate a water heater into a building which is used infrequently, but on occasion has a group of people there using the basin in the washroom, and the kitchen sink (coloured red).
There was an old mains tank in the plant room near the blue dot, long ago removed, and this sort of capacity is no longer required.
Hot pipe run is in 22mm (or imp equiv.) in at least some parts through the washroom.
Would an instantaneous flow type heater or a small stored type (well under G3) be better, if fitted in the plant (utility) room, adequate to feed both outlets along the existing pipe work?
And what approximate capacity would be likely to be sufficient for their fairly modest (but occasionally peaking) requirements?

Electricity supply is already in place for a 13amp plug supply for stored type unit, if higher amperage supply for instantaneous type should be required then installation can be arranged by a competent person, but it does add a layer of complication and delay.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• FB140536-1526-45D9-9754-C8C9A673C64E.jpeg
    FB140536-1526-45D9-9754-C8C9A673C64E.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 8
Ariston 15-30l under sink water heater and yes as you say must be installed by a g3 qualified plumber

All models as there water heaters are applicable to g3

I think it's that there is no requirement to certify/ notify BC for systems under 15L (unless a new electricity supply required, in which case it is notifiable), but the basic G3 requirements still apply.

So in the op's case, which appears might potentially involve members of the public using the facilities, it would seem wise to ensure a competent person (G3) fits it.

Last edited:
Did this change? I thought under 15L volume, no need for G3?

Under 15l you don’t need to notify building controls over you do still need to be qualified for either to install

Reply to Water heater type/size advice for a charity please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock