Search the forum,

Discuss Water heater Programmer question in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We recently moved into a new house & the hot water timing is programmed by a Honeywell ST9100A.

I have set the on/off timer OK but am struggling to set it so that it switches on an hour later during weekends ie Saturday & Sunday mornings.

I am wondering if I could ask for some simple advice re the user guide (link below) ?

file:///C:/Users/PAR/Downloads/ST9100A-User-Guide.pdf

Is it just me or does this particular model not actually have the capabilities to be able to set it for different times on different days of the week ?

If this model does not have the capabilities, is someone able to recommend me a cheap alternative model that does allow different times for different days of the week ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

no i think it is just a everyday same times programmer with 3 periods a day you need the 9100c which gives flexibility for different days

Last edited:
I have set the on/off timer OK but am struggling to set it so that it switches on an hour later during weekends ie Saturday & Sunday mornings.
You are asking for a '7-Day Timer' but what you have is a '1-Day Timer'.

If the timer is for stored hot water in an insulated tank there is no need to change your current arrangement. Once heated, the water will stay hot in the tank for the extra hour until you need it.

Unless your hot water tank has no insulation the slightly later use of water isn't a problem .......... however, you might find at weekends when you are both at home use of the 1 hour boost button may be required.

Hope this helps

Many thanks for all your kind replies.

My challenge isn’t so much the water being warm enough in the morning. Rather as a light sleeper that the noise of the heater waking me up at 6am at weekends.

At least I know that its not me but that the controller is a 1 dayer.

Other than buying a 7 dayer, perhaps the answer is to leave it on an hour later at night and have it turn back on an hour later in the morning?

Reply to Water heater Programmer question in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock