Search the forum,

Discuss Water heater for Shepherds hut in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello lovely people,
I've gone and got an LPG water heater for my shepherds hut. It'll be situated in an external lean-to enclosure built on the back of the hut, as it is not a room sealed model. (I wanted to save as much space as poss in the tiny loo/shower room). Before getting a gas safe engineer involved to fit and sign off the heater, I want to do as much work as I can in preparation, and would like to know;

1 what the regs are for a shepherds hut regarding flue/flue terminal position/location (same as static caravan? or house?) ..and where can I find them? (This will affect the exact position of the heater in its enclosure). It'll have a vertical, natural draught open flue.
2 How much of the work I can do myself, e.g. can I fix the heater into the enclosure, can I fit the flue, do the water connections..?

Any thoughts/ advice/ guidance would be much appreciated as I've been struggling to find definitive guidance so far.
Many Thanks,
Jules

Do you have a link to the heater you bought ?

Why don’t you just get the gas engineer involved now and ask them, also ask how much they are happy for you to do and how they wish it to be done.

Why don’t you just get the gas engineer involved now and ask them, also ask how much they are happy for you to do and how they wish it to be done.
Hmm, i guess because I thought I could find out elsewhere what i needed to know without paying for an engineer to come have a look at this early stage. There's quite a lot to do before the heater (and lpg cooker) will be ready to be connected, commissioned and signed off.

Just to know the flue regs applicable to a shepherds hut would be super helpful at this stage.
Above the lean-to (where the heater will be), there's an overhang of the main roof (see pic). Knowing the flue regs that apply in this case may determine the exact position of the heater in the lean-to, and what I need to do first, for example, will the flue need to clear the main roof-line? Can I have 45 bends in flue to go around the overhang? ..or will I need to cut a section of the roof overhang to give the flue a straight route up past the roof?

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_080125.jpg
    IMG_20220411_080125.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Water heater for Shepherds hut in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock