Search the forum,

Discuss Water hammer ceramic disc taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Can you get water hammer from ceramic discs on tap valves? Have been to a job where is it sounds like its coming from there. But I know this isn't always the case. Thanks

Yep had one when it got warn it started with a hammer noise as the disk was vibrating due to the wear

The tap in question has a slight drip on it too. Depends if I can get cartridges for. It's a 3 tap hole basin. Spout in middle and two mixer on off valves either side.

Can you get a picture and measurements?

That's it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-16-15-06-50-43_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-16-15-06-50-43_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 4

Reply to Water hammer ceramic disc taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock