Search the forum,

Discuss Water from the hole under the bowl in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Dear plumbers,

My wall-mounted toilet has started leaking on the front side of the base. Turned out that the water is collected inside the bowl body and it's dripping from the hole there everytime I sit or push on the base from the top. Please view this short video, where you can see the location of the hole:
View: https://youtu.be/FJtZvdujsJQ

Do you have any idea about the cause and solution to this problem? My guess is that incoming flush water is leaking near the connection to the base and collects inside.
I don't know the model of the base and couldn't find any information about this hole in bowl structure and its intended function.

Many thanks.

I would say the hole is used when the manufacture hangs them in the kiln, quite how water is getting in I don`t know.

I'd guess it's likely to be coming from the cistern/flush pipe into the void within the pan and out the vent for expansion gasses from firing, is there an access panel above the pan?

I'd guess it's likely to be coming from the cistern/flush pipe into the void within the pan and out the vent for expansion gasses from firing, is there an access panel above the pan?

There is a regular flushplate by Geberit above the pan, I can access the cistern by removing it. There is no any other access panel. What can I do from within cistern?

I'm not sure you'll see much just from in the cistern. Your best bet might be to keep a bowl under it to catch the water as it's not an emergency at the moment and it's best not to make it into one if your country is in lockdown. Do you know who installed it?

Yes, we are still in a lockdown. And it's unknown who installed the toilet. Would you suggest to find a plumber later, to take a look and unmount/remount the base if needed?

As it's unlikely to get a lot worse in the short term and there's no sign of damp elsewhere then yes, it may be best to consult a plumber after lockdown.

If that is the source, which I agree seems the likely source rather than from within the pan itself, at least it is clean water that is dripping from the vent hole. If it was foul water from the pan I'd say that was an emergency and could be allowed for a plumber to come fix it. The location of the hole makes it almost impossible for foul water to come out there. The pan would have to be cracked through into the cavity and the cistern water also leaking in to then fill it up to the hole. A most unlikely scenario which would be noticed easily.

Reply to Water from the hole under the bowl in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock