Search the forum,

Discuss Water filtration system in high rise apartment? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We live in a high rise on the 18th floor. I want to have a under the sink water filter installed.

Waterdrop 10UA Under Sink Water Filter System, NSF/ANSI 42 Certified, Under Counter Water Filter Direct Connect to Kitchen Faucet, 8K Gallons High Chlorine Reduction Capacity, USA Tech https://a.co/d/hFkHBSk

Says working pressure 10-100 psi (0.7-6.8 bar)

The contractor mentioned that he has seen cases where the high floor intensifies water pressure and causes the filter to burst. So advised against it. Is that accurate? What is the way around this in terms of the filteration system or installation protocol to follow? We used to live on the 11th floor and haven’t had any issues when we had another filter but looking for experts to advise.

Reply to Water filtration system in high rise apartment? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor. For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle. At the...
Replies
Views
Hi, my name is Alan and I have a puzzle with my hot water supply. I have a condensing boiler which is 6 years old and has been regularly serviced. It is a non-vented system, connected to an indirect hot water tank, as well as the central heating system. During the last 2 or3 weeks I have...
Replies
Views
Hello all I will be as brief as possible. The flat i have rented has a stale drain smell in the kitchen living room. Second floor of 4 story block built in the 1980s. Stack pipe runs inside in corner of room boxed in behind tiling. After checking traps, cleaning the dishwasher and the washing...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Our water has been found out to be extremely hard and we were advised to perhaps install a decent under-the-sink water filter system. I've done some research and found many on eBay and have also found the Brita MyPure 1 system (but that one is a wee bit pricey) but would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock