Search the forum,

Discuss water filter.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone. Im asking all you for your professional opinion and guidance. I have bought a home abroad and have a problem with the water. I have a well where i got water for my home and it has a lot of limescale.. Nearly every appliance in my house that uses water, breaks and have to change them often. i am interested in installing a filter to remove it. at the moment the measurement shows that 720 per 1000 for limescale. i want to lower it, not to drinkable level but at a reasonable level or as much as possible for my appliances. please any one here can advice me who its the best filter for this reason and who have lover maintenance..

Only a water softener will remove lime scale. A filter, or water conditioner will only reduce it (slightly)

I only can agree with chalked, water softener are a great piece of kits, it definitely helps and makes shower valves and taps last longer. There are some water softener which can be used for drinking unless you have got a low sodium diet or new born babies under 6 months old.

thanks mate..ok im thinking to buy one water softener but i dont have any idea who its one i need..as i say before i need something with less maintenance...i dont want to spend so much money on them..

Less maintenance but little money won't work. I can recommend harvest which isn't cheap but very good product

Depending on how bad the supply is a water strainer can make a huge improvement.
Either one on every appliance or a larger one on the incoming supply.

Depending on how bad the supply is a water strainer can make a huge improvement.
Either one on every appliance or a larger one on the incoming supply.
thanks rpm..i like to install one filter or softener for whole house..just to connect in incoming supply and to sort out the problem..as i say on the opening post im not looking to make drinking water..just cleaning water ..if you know any brand who you think its good for my situation let me know please...

Whereabouts abroad is your house?

It would be wise to install a water softener which has local support and maintenance available.

.....and think about local availability of salt (either blocks or granules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water filter.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock