Search the forum,

Discuss water/crap in bottom of oil tanks in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

hi chaps, major headache this winter with so many tanks having water and contaminants in bottom of 'em - the recent cold snap meant frozen oil lines etc etc...I have a hand sludge pump but looking for recommendations for a decent 240 v supply pump for this purpose ....typically 100 or so litres to dispose of into 20 litre drums... cheers

We got one few months ago had enough of hand pumping!
Got what I think was described as tank installers kit from fueldump.co.uk we went for 110v pump for safety in bad weather but 240v and 12v were available around £300
Complete with all hoses filters ect . No problems so far

Reply to water/crap in bottom of oil tanks in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main bathroom, and same in en-suite. 20 year old Baxi boiler, still going strong. Background: Need to free up as much space in loft for conversion. Enough...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My mates recently bought a new old house and has had extensive work done including new bathrooms etc. We've got a few questions about the hot and cold water distribution. The house is supplied by cold water at around 3 bar, so decent enough pressure. The way it's set up at the moment...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a tankless coil inside boiler). There are gas lines at the street, and the gas co is willing to bring gas into my house & install a meter for a $1000...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some advice about an overflowing cold water tank. Each morning the tank has continued filling up, so by the morning we have water coming out the overflow pipe outside. My initial thought was either (a) the ball valve was not set to the right height to turn off the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock