Search the forum,

Discuss Water backing up, leaking out boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of advice please. I have bought a flat and have an issue in the kitchen. There is a boiler, then dishwasher, then washing machine, then sink in that order right to left along the same wall. The waste runs all along the one pipe, starting with the condensation pipe from boiler which joins first, then the dishwasher and so on. The waste all goes away into the main waste pipe, downwards, at the far left of the kitchen.

I noticed a leak from boiler which was checked out, precautionary tightening and clean out of condensate container, but still leaks. I have now found this to happen only when dishwasher is on, so I think there is water backing up the waste pipe, up out the condensation pipework and out the bottom of boiler. It's a minor leak when it happens.

I might be able to fix the issue myself, depending on what is required. Would anyone be able to provide advice on how this plumbing set up should be implemented please?

Many thanks, Neil

The pipe from the boiler is possibly 21.5mm with the other possibly being 32 or 40mm. Knowing make & model of the boiler might help the guys/gals out with advice.

The pipe from the boiler is possibly 21.5mm with the other possibly being 32 or 40mm. Knowing make & model of the boiler might help the guys/gals out with advice.
That sounds about right. It's a Worcester Bosch Greenstar something or other. I will confirm all the details from questions tomorrow afternoon, when I will be back in the flat. Thanks for your input and support so far.
[automerge]1599490682[/automerge]
I will get some photos too 👍🏻

Hhmmm condense pipework is considered part of the boiler and as such we shouldn't be giving advice on the forum all I will say is the pipework should be clear and free flowing , I would say employ a GSI to check the boiler and it's safety. Kop

Agree with KOP.

There might be something like an S bend trap on the sink that's blocked, BUT that can happen again even if you fix it for now.

So get a qualified boiler engineer to first check the waste and condensate design is all correct.

Roy (amateur)

Hi, thanks everyone for the input, sorry for late response it's been a hectic few days. Gas engineer checked it out and everything looks good with the boiler side of things. I've been unable to force the leak over past 3-4 days so am confused. Just going to keep eye on things for now. It has come and went before.

Thanks again everyone.

Reply to Water backing up, leaking out boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
L
I can see the small leak in back boiler, have tried all sorts of products to seal it. have drained the radiators but pressure from water in actual and pipes boiler keeping it wet!! any ideas please to seal, its my only heating.
Replies
Views
LyndaB
L
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock