Search the forum,

Discuss Waste screw not long enough?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drunkn Munky

I ordered a complete bathroom suite from trueshopping and the waste screw for the bath waste is not long enough to pass through the waste grid, bath and into waste mechanism. Are longer ones available? or can they only be purchased as a kit. I will be calling trueshopping tomorrow but i want to get the bathroom finished asap so if i get get a screw elsewhere then i will.

The cheap wastes that come with baths are rubbish really, I'd go to a plumbers merchant first thing tomorrow and buy a brass one like in the link, or at the very least another cheap waste, the cheap ones are only £2-£3 anyway.

Or you could use a tempory bolt (it will be a metric thread) and get the manufacturer to send you a replacement and just swap them over when it arrives, this will allow you to finish.

Don't forget 'normal' bolts will rust.

Chrome Bath Combined Waste & Overflow Plug & Chain in UK at Discount Prices

Why do bathroom manufacturers always have to supply rubbish wastes in there bathroom kits, at their costs surely it would not be much more to provide decent stuff
I do not do many bathrooms now but when I did, I would quote for bathroom installation and at the end add 'x' for bath, sink wastes and w/c handle, customers always windged and I would say if I can used ones supplied will but if not then that’s the cost, once they arrived showed customer rubbish and supplied mine, same thing with alot of kitchen sinks

Have just experienced the same quality problem with the waste for our own new bathroom basin.
The height adjuster screw at the bottom of the plug is made from ordinary steel and is rusting already.
If you look down the plug-hole, the mechanism is also rusting as it's made from ordinary steel.
Don't these cheap manufacturers know that ordinary steel rusts in water ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste screw not long enough?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
Hi Black water tank keeps filling up and water comes out the overflow from outside. It is coming in from the bottom pipe which is the outlet pipe. The pipe is warm to touch. So hot water is going into the tank. No heating has been switched on. Hot water is heated up for 1 hour in morning 1 hour...
Replies
Views
illumini
I
C
Following on from my other thread here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/bathrooms-showers-wetrooms/51836-stuart-turner-techflow-pump-enquiry.html#post512503 In which my 'recommended' plumber did three quarters of a job, and then disappeared.. I need another 'better' recommended plumber to...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
R
Hi all, You guys helped me out a while back with a slow filling cistern, I'm hoping you'll do so again! I'll do my best to explain what's happening. We've started to get a lot of water leakage when draining the bath. I've had a look around the trap and the waste pipe and it appear like the...
Replies
Views
B
I have installed a new en suite, tiles etc and am quite happy, however I am having a problem with the basin. I can’t get it onto the wall properly. There are only two screws underneath, with limited space to get a screwdriver in as it is. There was a pair of wall plugs with it, but as it is...
Replies
Views
easyt
E
P
I have just replaced the plug wastes in two sinks with new stainless steel items. The new bolts are metric but I need imperial to link up with the lower part of the waste that is embedded in lead piping. Removing the lead and using the new lower end of waste is too much of a mission, and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock