Search the forum,

Discuss Waste pipe too high to fit toilet unit. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

G

Graham Hart

I am in the process of replacing my wc and sink from close coupled/ free standing with built in sink and wc . The old toilet waste fed into an internal stack pipe - out the back of the wc thro 90 degree coupler into a large waste pipe approx 30"which connected to stack pipe running in a box in the next room. Could connect the new wc to it but it's too high to fit a unit next to to the toilet unit. How can I lower the waste pipe w/o having to tear out the wall to get to the stack pipe?

A photo would certainly help here. Haven’t heard of a 90 degree coupler, so presumably you mean a bend. I also haven’t heard of a 30” waste pipe for domestic.
Sorry, should have.

Attachments

• IMG_20220309_161815.jpg
    IMG_20220309_161815.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 19
Do you have a link to new toilet unit? Is it feasible to move it along, or position on the right hand wall as you’re looking at it, where it seems lower?
Thought about that but..... toilet would be too close to the wall on the right. Bathroom plan shows 250mm single door unit on the right then 500mm wc unit then 600mm sink unit on the left with a 100mm gap then bath. Am thinking I could cut the 250mm unit to fit over the waste and support it at the rear leaving the feet on at the front only. It would also be pinned to the side of the wc unit and the rh wall.

Fix it to the wall as it’s 250 unit only cleaning / bog roll is going to be in there so nothing heavy etc

Fix it to the wall as it’s 250 unit only cleaning / bog roll is going to be in there so nothing heavy etc
So far so good, will pin the 250mm cabinet to the toilet unit and side wall andpin both of the others to the wall at the back.
Which is the best way to cut the top? disk cutter or carbide blade in the jigsaw?

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_104757.jpg
    IMG_20220314_104757.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 11
You mean the worktop ? Normally jigsaw with a worktop blade do a test cut first to check finish

Ok all fitted now but the sink waste is doing my head in. I have a pop basin waste and a mcalpine wash hand basin space saver with self closing waste valve instead of bottle trap. Connected it all up and ran water through it and it leaked. looked at several 'how to' vids. Took it all out again and sealed the joint at the top with silicone. Used several turns of PTFE tape on the threaded portion, before fitting the lower cone type washer, flat washer again with a little silicone and the tightened the nut. Made sure the space saver drain is square and the rubber seal is present and tightened up the nut. Then connected the waste pipe. All good. Ran water through it and AFTER the water is gone there's a drip! Thing is the pop up waste threaded portion seems too short to me. The whole pop up waste is 70mm top to bottom which means that the trap/spacer saver waste nut hits the pop up waste fixing nut before snugging home the trap/space saver seal. Can't tighten the waste nut any more without deforming the seal. Is it me??

Any pictures of where it’s leaking ?

Any pictures of where it’s leaking ?
Fixed it! Was leaking at the connection to the trap. The problem was that the waste was too short, 70mm top to bottom and this did not allow sufficient tail(threaded portion) for the trap attachment nut to bring the seal in the trap up to the bottom of the waste. I nipped in to toolstation and bought a longer waste (80mm top to bottom ) and this additional length allowed the trap to seat properly. The original clicker waste came with the tap.(Flow Basin Monobloc with click clack waste). Sink is Ocean Standard Semi recessed basin). Supplier would have swapped it out but would have cost me more in diesel!
Thanks for looking

Reply to Waste pipe too high to fit toilet unit. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock