Search the forum,

Discuss waste pipe smaller than toilet trap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Im fitting a new toilet but my waste pipe in the wall is smaller than extendable trap behind toilet! so it doesn't fit inside the external waste pipe. What can I do?

Im fitting a new toilet but my waste pipe in the wall is smaller than extendable trap behind toilet! so it doesn't fit inside the external waste pipe. What can I do?
Can you tell us what size the pipe is and post a photograph from around 3-4ft away.

Can you tell us what size the pipe is and post a photograph from around 3-4ft away.
Hi, the pan connector is 4inch dia and the soil pipe is also 4 inches in dia, its a very old led pipe (external) which i really don't want to replace.

You could load a photo as rpm suggested, but It’s probably a 3 or 3 and 1/2” connection, a multikwik or McAlpine connector should dirt your problem. MKS3 or MKS10 for the multikwik’s. You could measure the size of it to confirm.

You could load a photo as rpm suggested, but It’s probably a 3 or 3 and 1/2” connection, a multikwik or McAlpine connector should dirt your problem. MKS3 or MKS10 for the multikwik’s. You could measure the size of it to confirm.

Here is the soil pipe and pan connector - both 4 inches diameter

Attachments

• IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 8
Daft question, but have you already got a pan connector?
Yes it didnt fit. Do you think this would work

Yes it didnt fit. Do you think this would work

It should do if the 4" one doesn't. As long as it's a tight fit.

Reply to waste pipe smaller than toilet trap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock