Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine waste pipe connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kramer

Hi, a quick question or 2 from a complete novice...

My washing machine had been leaking, I discovered the waste hose was sitting in a 90 degree PVC waste pipe and was clogged up with some pretty disgusting sludge. I didn't want to reuse the PVC waste pipe so I discarded it and replaced it with a hose connector as you can see from the photo below.

IMAG0153.jpg

Unfortunately I've ripped the door seal of my washing machine while moving it around so I can't test out the connection . I was thinking of buying a washer dryer anyway so I was just wondering if the plumbing looks suitable to connect the new machine to? I was a bit concerned that drain water could flow back into the machine. I have ran the taps in the basin and no water has came out the connector.

Also, I would like to turn off the water supply to the washing machine without turning off the supply to the sink. I tightened the screw in the valve next to the inlet hose as far as it would go but it didn't effect the flow of water coming out. Am I doing something wrong or is it broken?

IMAG0154.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting me know stoker, hopefully you can see them now?

Last edited by a moderator:
The pipe work looks ok.
If you route the washing machine waste hose through the sink unit high up, you should have no problems with back flow.
Remember to fit a jubilee clip on the spigot.
The inlet valve is missing its handle, they usually break off when the spindle becomes stiff.
Turn of the mains stopcock and change the inlet valve.

also new machines tend to be only cold water feed,
so cut and cap the hot washing machine tap as close to the tee as possible.

ps- welcome to the forum.

i agree with the above. you will need to change the cold fed valve if it is too stiff to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine waste pipe connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock