Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine plumbing advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I have a washing machine plumbed in next to a built in dishwasher but have an issue with the waste outlet for the washer.

the problem I have discovered (as I did not plumb both in) is that when the dishwasher is in place, it is crushing the washer waste pipe. See photos below.

Because of where the drain is located under the sink and how the waste pipe is connected to the washer, I cannot feed the waste pipe through the lower hole as seen in the photo.
I cannot cut back the hole at the top as the kitchen work top is resting on the cabinet.

My best plan is to cut a new hole at the back of the unit halfway up. My concern is if this will badly weaken the side of the kitchen unit by putting in a third hole (similar to the lower hole).

does anybody have any better ideas or can reassure me that a third hole will not cause a problem for the unit? Also, any suggestions for how best to make the new hole?

As you can probably tell I am a total newbie to this, so any advice much appreciated!

Many thanks
Ed.

Attachments

• 96763FCA-B366-451E-B06A-728EF11C6068.jpeg
    96763FCA-B366-451E-B06A-728EF11C6068.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 09C298F6-794B-43BB-BD9C-0E31504D201C.jpeg
    09C298F6-794B-43BB-BD9C-0E31504D201C.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi all

I have a washing machine plumbed in next to a built in dishwasher but have an issue with the waste outlet for the washer.

the problem I have discovered (as I did not plumb both in) is that when the dishwasher is in place, it is crushing the washer waste pipe. See photos below.

Because of where the drain is located under the sink and how the waste pipe is connected to the washer, I cannot feed the waste pipe through the lower hole as seen in the photo.
I cannot cut back the hole at the top as the kitchen work top is resting on the cabinet.

My best plan is to cut a new hole at the back of the unit halfway up. My concern is if this will badly weaken the side of the kitchen unit by putting in a third hole (similar to the lower hole).

does anybody have any better ideas or can reassure me that a third hole will not cause a problem for the unit? Also, any suggestions for how best to make the new hole?

As you can probably tell I am a total newbie to this, so any advice much appreciated!

Many thanks
Ed.
Cut third hole fear not centralheatking

You could cut that back piece out from top to bottom and the unit would still not be weakened.
(It would need some support against the wall to stop the unit moving back, if it's not fixed to the worktop.)

It's there to space the unit off the wall to allow pipes to run down the back.

Thanks for the advice guys. Any suggestions on how best to cut a new hole? I don’t want to split the wood (I presume it’s MDF) and not sure of the best method. Is it likely to split if I drill a hole and then saw or file it out to be bigger?

sorry for all the dumb-bum questions!

Reply to Washing Machine plumbing advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock