Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine installed correctly? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

We have noticed a funny smell coming from behind our washing machine - on investigation it looks like the waste pipe is leaking where it meets a solid plastic U - now what I want to know is if this is installed correctly? The waste pipe runs downwards from the top of the washing machine and then up into one side of the plastic U, pushed in (the end of the waste pipe is rubberised and the plastic bend is hard plastic) which is oriented as an n, the other side of which disappears behind some panelling. Where the pipe meets the bend and below there is a dark coloured sticky smelly residue. Could someone show me how a correctly installed washing machine waste pipe should look like?

Many thanks.

Your trap might be leaking, if that's the case it wont prevent odours coming from your waste stack.

2Typical_standpipe_drain.png

Reply to Washing machine installed correctly? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock