Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine & Dish Washer. Do they need Check Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

Need to install a washing machine & dishwasher. Do they have there own integral check valves or do I need to add them?

Thanks in advance :)

No you dont.

Dishwashers dont back fill because they have a siphonic tank that has an air gap.

washers have a built in air gap.

Fixed maybe 15 to 20 000 of the bstards years ago fot hotpoint and brut'ish gas

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you were too quick before I realised my fat fingered typing mistake

Read above

Last edited by a moderator:
If its in a very low pressure area.
If you pull the gause filter out of the solenoid inlet / hose connector.
Get a pair of long nose pliers and if you look carefully inside. There is a rubber o ring restrictor.

Just pull it out to improve things.
Good pressure = no need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine & Dish Washer. Do they need Check Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
This is a picture of my sons sink plumbing. The yellow arrow goes to the dishwasher and the red arrow goes to the washing machine. There is a problem with waste water going from the sink, into the washing machine I guess because the pipe, right on the elbow isn't high enough. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run a long wash with lemon juice. Neither have solved it. I read power flushing is the answer to rust elsewhere in the system. How can I tell...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock