Search the forum,

Discuss Warning system now in place - automatic account restrictions for wasting Moderators time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've setup the warning system to take the pressure off of staff.

Get a warning for wasting the time of staff by replying with more smarmy remarks or whatever and your account will have restrictions applied.

Staff can and will reply to one post and give a verbal warning / correction. No official system warning required. That's not wasting time. That's guidance for you in most cases.

But then if you reply to that and waste time, that's when we will use it.

Eventually it can get your account automatically banned for a few days.

I will be honest Dan I dont read all posts but I have never seen anybody swearing or having a go at anybody , either public or forum users .
Theres a bit of banter between forum regulars but I have never seen anything bad enough to ban someone, perhaps I had better start reading them all .

To be fair mate, that's a tiny part of the issue.

The main use right now is to keep the content good. And not let it get all argumentative. And I've seen dozens of those every time I came here before last week. So those exist for sure.

I just threw in the swearing one too, as that's an option in my warnings system.

The warnings stay for 1 month. And you're allowed a couple a month before anything gets too restrictive account-wise.

But when I reply to a thread with a guideline 'soft warning not involving buttons' I don't want to then discuss the issue in the thread, taking it off-topic. So people can PM me and even swear at me. That's fine.

But when the Original Poster (OP) is having their thread raped by plumbers and staff discussing an action they just took, that's wasting moderators time, and also not helping the OP.

So it needs to stop. And it will. :)

I'm premoderating all messages from users not in the Arms, that have less than a certain number of posts. But I can stick anybody into that mode. So if needs be, I will. And then we'll make sure all published posts are spot on. I was hoping to avoid doing that with people who have been here ages though. :)

Reply to Warning system now in place - automatic account restrictions for wasting Moderators time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock