Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow condensing utility boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was servicing a warmflow condensing utility boiler today . It must be in about 6 years as its dated sep 2009. Its right tight to the wall at the left hand side with no pipework at that side. Seems a little damp low down and u can feel it off the jacket. Isnt the drain down valve either. It is dry and also seems dry high up on the boiler. Am i right in saying that warmflow boilers can have a reputation for leaking. I have come across a couple before leaking into the combustion chamber area , but this is leaking out the way.

Yes they did get a reputation of leaks with their boilers in recent past.
Haven't heard much problems in last few years though.

Old warmflows really good, then not so good, then back to good. Seems the grants and warmflows had a bad period together.

Theres a little water coming somewhere low on its left hand side thats not damp above it. Is it just bad design and bad workmanship that can make a boiler leak after a few years , or is it just bad luck and they all made on a friday afternoon.?

Theres a little water coming somewhere low on its left hand side thats not damp above it. Is it just bad design and bad workmanship that can make a boiler leak after a few years , or is it just bad luck and they all made on a friday afternoon.?

Has to be largely due to bad welding I think. Some older type oil boilers virtually never leaked.
I think the welding can crack from the steel. I suppose welding can look good but be badly done just like soldering.

Ye best thats what i was led to beleive , its just when you are getting a bad name for leaking boilers like they have you would think about solving the problem real quick, like in days or weeks and not years. An old plumber i know told me he fitted a new boiler that leaked in a very short time. No problem they sent out a new replacement and it leaked also. Hes moved to firebird will never use them again.

I prefer Grant boilers partly because they have had generally a good reputation for not leaking.
But all makes are just a piece of steel welded and I guess some will leak.
You could try some leak sealer in the boiler if customer wants to risk it

Warmflows I thought were designed to leak after a few years to keep repair technicians in business! Seriously though, you're just going to have to take off the insulation and narrow it down to find the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow condensing utility boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock