Search the forum,

Discuss WANTED - Plumber in the Greater Manchester/Rochdale area - Combi to Unvented System conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Hope you are well.

Looking for someone to convert a combi system to an unvented system. Also, at the same time renew the cold feed from a 15mm to 22mm to the tank, install 1 new radiator, and replace 5 existing radiators.

The new boiler will replace the existing boiler in a reception room; the tank will be sited a couple meters away in the cellar. Pipe access should be straightforward from the cellar the wall in that location could be knocked through.

I have already ply lined the cellar in that location, levelled and laid a flag stone for the tank and brought in a pipe for the tundish from a working drain to within a couple of meters of where the tank will be sited.

I would like an aerator, magnet and both expansion vessels to be sited in the cellar near the tank along with a filling look and an additional pressure gauge.

I would like either a Baxi Platinum 32kw or a Viessman Vitodens 100 30kw with a Joules 300l cylinder.

The gas is 28mm to within 2 meters of the existing boiler on its own feed, 22mm thereafter.

I would also like the system to be power flushed before the new install.

I think a good way to tackle this is to setup the tank first and get that working with the immersion heater then power flush and replace the boiler, then radiators and connect it all up. However, this is just my opinion.

I have measured our cold feed pressure and flow rate, of which we are getting 3 bar pressure (2.5 dynamic) and 20-22 litres per minute of flow.

This is for my mother’s property; she is currently terminally ill and claiming PIP if that helps with the current grants available.

See pictures below for some guidance on this job.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards and happy holidays.
Sal

IMG_6692.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg
IMG_6696.jpg
IMG_6697.jpg
IMG_6698.jpg

A few views but no interest.

If anyone sees any problem with this as a job please let know so I can try to rectify it.

I dont think theres any problems , its more is there an engineer close / ish to you ?
I am over on the right side of the pennines but its too far for me , and dont forget its a busy time for us lads .
If you would like I could post this on a couple of off other groups I am in .
One is Viessman only the other is any boiler , so that would suit the Baxi .
Personally I would go Viessmann.

I dont think theres any problems , its more is there an engineer close / ish to you ?
I am over on the right side of the pennines but its too far for me , and dont forget its a busy time for us lads .
If you would like I could post this on a couple of off other groups I am in .
One is Viessman only the other is any boiler , so that would suit the Baxi .
Personally I would go Viessmann.

I appreciate that it is a busy time of year and the holiday season doesn't help. I just spent a few months clearing the cellar and getting the house ready so I thought I would get the ball rolling on this.

Yes that would be great if you could post this up on the groups.

I would like a Viessmann but I thought I would get a price for the Baxi as its relatively reliable and has some good reviews too. They both offer similar warranty periods too. My other thought was that with the boiler just dealing with the heating it should be some what more reliable than a combi. A few people have suggested a Vaillant, but I'm not keen on them, they're not as good as they used to be.

Thank you for your help.

I appreciate that it is a busy time of year and the holiday season doesn't help. I just spent a few months clearing the cellar and getting the house ready so I thought I would get the ball rolling on this.

Yes that would be great if you could post this up on the groups.

I would like a Viessmann but I thought I would get a price for the Baxi as its relatively reliable and has some good reviews too. They both offer similar warranty periods too. My other thought was that with the boiler just dealing with the heating it should be some what more reliable than a combi. A few people have suggested a Vaillant, but I'm not keen on them, they're not as good as they used to be.

Thank you for your help.
Will post it for you but probably not a good time the day before xmas eve and tier 4 looming , but its worth a punt .

Will post it for you but probably not a good time the day before xmas eve and tier 4 looming , but its worth a punt .

I have a number for you pal , but cant send a pm/dm , I dont know if its your settings or forum rules . Will get back to you later today .
Anybody help please , is it me ??

Edit , you may be able to pm me

Last edited:
Apologies for the bump.

Still need someone for this, now being February I'm hoping to get more interest and the boiler has generated full mains flow leak on the hot water manifold.

Leaning more towards Viessmann currently so somone who is able to sign off the extended gaurantee on these would be ideal.

Reply to WANTED - Plumber in the Greater Manchester/Rochdale area - Combi to Unvented System conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock