Search the forum,

Discuss Wanted: North American 3/5 valve RPZ test kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

P

PDPH

Hi All,

A long shot I know but if anyone's got one of these that they're not using I'll happily give it a home.. And you some cash..

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks Steve, I've already looked but I was trying to avoid paying the import duty/taxes! I had hoped that someone might have one due to upgrading/choosing not to re-qualify etc..

I'll wait for a week and if no joy in the UK I'll order it from the US!

Cheers!

Hi Steve,

RPZ (Reduced Pressure Zone) valves are used in many commercial plumbing situations to prevent backflow and backsiphonage (up to and including a fluid category 4 risk). They must be tested on installation and then again every 12 months by a qualified tester (with calibrated test equipment).

There are two methods of testing the valves - the North American and the European method. Most testers are qualified to test using only one method as the equipment used is different for each. Both methods rely on measuring the pressure differentials between the valve's components.

The North American method allows for either a 3 or 5 valve test kit to be used at the choice of the tester (the difference is that the two extra valves are to allow for easier bleeding of air).

For the extremely interested, this is the type of thing that I'm looking for:

Backflow Test Kits, 2 Valve, 3 Valve and 5 Valve– Mid-West Instrument

And there's a bit of information on RPZs on my website:

RPZ Valve Testing | Pipe Dreams Plumbing and Heating

Hope that helps!

Dennis

Reply to Wanted: North American 3/5 valve RPZ test kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock