Search the forum,

Discuss Wall type? Advice needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Ive been helping my brother in his newly aquired house and the internal walls are breeze block. Not the notmal type I’ve seen before but they seem to have hay in them? Also they’re not solid all the way through. I’ll add a picture as its easier. My question is whether its safe for them to be chased?

L

0A16B771-0D10-4864-A431-D45E56FD7B77.jpeg

Seen similiar as internal walls the straw was for insulation these were the original partition walls as far as I remember the load bearing walls were solid 6" blocks and they were the internal walls last time I seen them the house was from the thirty's we chased them and used sand /cement to fill the chase then and slabbed over and plastered as long as your not knocking the crap out of them you should be okay

Just thank God they're not Stremic walls. Compressed straw faced with plasterboard. You couldn't make it up!

And they huffed and they puffed and it all turned to mush cos someone dribbled on it... Sh1te. :confused:

Just thank God they're not Stremic walls. Compressed straw faced with plasterboard. You couldn't make it up!

And they huffed and they puffed and it all turned to mush cos someone dribbled on it... Sh1te. :confused:
My house is made of those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall type? Advice needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock