Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung wc question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We're looking to install a wall hung wc and hope to include it in a run of units. I'm thinking we can do it with a half height frame and normal concealed system. Can we do this against a stud wall or do we need a solid wall to attach the frame or cistern to?
Also which makes do you recommend?

Yes, a stud wall will give you a better fixing than a block wall. If you don’t believe this, put a screw partially into a wall plug on a solid wall - you can pull it out with a claw hammer. Put a screw into timber and you can’t pull it out.

You need to cut into the studwall and fix timber noggins in the appropriate places for the frame’s fixings. Don’t really need to make wall good again as it will all be hidden behind units.

Use Geberit frame.

Good advice from ben -gee stud work will be fine as long as theres no movement i like to ply the area where the toilet fixes or the whole wall is better it then makes it structurally sound and load bearing any slight deflection of the timber can cause tiling to crack or hard to get a good fit against the panel i like to make a gasket that goes against the ceramic toilet and the wall surface foam type materials for laminate flooring are a good choice . Kop

Attachments

• 20171220_110912.jpg
    20171220_110912.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20171201_162426.jpg
    20171201_162426.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180210_111001.jpg
    20180210_111001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180312_153741.jpg
    20180312_153741.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
Dear Bertie,

Great advice from the Pros above.

I've also got similar questions but in my case breeze block +dot dab walls so would need to fix some timber to the walls first with a forest of frame screws.

As the metal frame will want to rotate as you sit on the loo, a strong floor is also important I'm thinking (less important than the wall though considering also a lot of these units are slimline so frame much taller than they are deep). You will notice in example photo from KOP above that he has run a nice bit of CLS timber across the floor to beef it up.

Please let us know how you get on, and very best of luck.

Funny I've got a conventional close couple loo that has just pulled it's tank screws out the block wall (look Mum no wall plugs), and I think that's not been helped by a rather flexible floor (badly fitted 18mm chipboard).

Please let us know how you get on.

P.S. There is more expertise than you realise in the connection of the waste to the main stack. E.g. Beware if you have other loo nearby at the same level. There are other posts on issues there. So if unsure best consult a professional, they have loads more expertise than folks realise.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur plumber. Always employ a pro unless you enjoy what you do.)

Reply to Wall hung wc question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock