Search the forum,

Discuss walk in shower install. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

morning everyone.
Could someone please give me a ball park figure to have a bath removed and a walkin shower installed, wooden floor with joists, its a very small bathroom but can get a 750mm tray in, price to include tanking and full length polymer coated screen and tiling please. Job in York.
many thanks
Alan

Hard to say without seeing it/some pics. It’s not always as easy as it sounds.

I’m just finishing one.

Removed cast iron bath.
Had to reroute basin waste in to wall.
Chase out wall for shower supplies and connect to old bath supplies which come out the concrete floor by the old bath waste.
Build a tiled seat over old bath supplies to avoid digging concrete up and for ease of use for customer (98 years old).
Build custom shower base framework as old shower waste can only go so low.

Customer didn’t want basin/toilet/lino floor replaced.
Noticed there was a damp patch in the concrete by the toilet. Ended up lifting Lino to investigate. Found rotten steel pipes. Had to expose and replace....

Then tank/waterproof/tile.

Fit a glass screen and get a custom piece of glass to cover window/connect to glass screen.

Going to end up about 12 days.

If you’re lucky with no issues/simple install, at a push you might get it down to 5-6 days.

Reply to walk in shower install. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock