Search the forum,

Discuss VR66/VRT 350 --> VR66/VSmart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setup: Vaillant EcoTec 637 with 2 Honeywell Valves (one for cylinder / one for CH) into the VR66 and Boiler/VR66/Controller connected via eBus.

I recently tried to swap out a VRT350 with a VSmart. The VR66 was wired for a single zone, and the VRT350 switched a Honeywell Valve on the CH flow. The VSmart doesn't seem to open the CH valve switch (on a relay) when there's a CH demand.

I've disconnected the valve and left it open (it's not really needed anyway) - and moved the VR66 board dial from 0 to 1 (multi/monozone). This doesn't cause a great problem, but I was curious as to why the VSmart wasn't able to perform the open of the valve?

I understand that. But say I switched to use two zones each on their own controller - I'd still be left with the problem of the vSmart being unable to open the valve.

I just find it odd that a vSmart would never be able to be used in multizone and yet they sell it packaged with a VR66 (a multizone control box).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to VR66/VRT 350 --> VR66/VSmart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience of using a VR33 (for Heating OpenTherm control with Nest) and a VR66 for Hot Water Priority with Vaillant system boilers? I'm specifically using an EcoTec plus 624 I've got a system working with a Nest and VR66 to provide hot water priority and it works well with...
Replies
Views
I have mounted a VR66 wiring centre in dual zone (switch in position 0) with two VRT350 thermostats. The heater is an Vaillant Ecotec Plus with combiboiler from october 2020. And I must say it works very well when one or both thermostats ask for heat. When there is no demand for heat the boiler...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number of Wiser TRVs in order to have easier and more fine-grained control. Replacing the EP2002 with the Wiser hub simply involved swapping the wallplate...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have checked that it is receiving switched 240V heat demand from controller into PCB, so believe it's just a boiler issue. Boiler was working fine up until...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock