Search the forum,

Discuss VR 10 and VR 11 probes with VR 71 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Although I bought a Vaillant VR 71/VRC 700/VR 91/VR 91 pack earlier this year, I've only just got around to opening the boxes to look at the goodies inside, since I'm almost at the point of getting my heating engineer in to do some work on my system.

The VR 71 comes with 4 x VR 10 probes and 1 x VR 11 probe. I've had a quick look at the system diagrams that are provided and it appears that the VR 10's are connected along with each valve. My current VR 61 has no such connectors for VR 10 probes, only for the valves.

I believe the VR 10 is a temperature probe, but I'm not sure. I assume the VR 11 is the same! What is the difference between the VR 10 and VR 11?

What is the purpose of these probes? I'm not really seeing a use for them in my existing system that comprises of DHW + UFH zone + CH zone (soon to include a second UFH, hence the upgrade from VR 61 to VR 71, with related controls).

Thanks.

Anyone know the difference between the VR 10 and the VR 11 supplied with the VR 71 wiring centre?

All the VR 10's have been connected up leaving the VR 11 unused.

Is the VR 11 possibly used for the external WC sensor?

The VR11 is possibly a high temp probe for solar applications, I have high temp probes in my solar system, the only visible difference is the cable colour, red on the high temp probes and black on the normal.

Reply to VR 10 and VR 11 probes with VR 71 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Looking to upgrade a couple of rads in my house but wanted to get some advice on suitability. I have a glowworm bg330 31 kw conventional boiler which currently feeds 10 type 11 radiators 5 up 5 down. The upstairs is run in 15mm pipework and the downstairs in 10mm. I'm looking to upgrade the 2...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various measurements and tests. With the UFH, my setup is about 10 room zones connected on two separate UF manifolds linked to one UF pump with a return blending...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock