Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera 35E in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a Vokera 35E which makes a banging noise like kettling. This starts when the heating comes on and is very loud. If I then switch off the demand for heating and switch on the hot water demand for a couple of minutes the noise stops. If I then switch off the hot water demand and switch on the heating demand the heating works fine until the next time the heating switches on from cold, then the whole sequence starts again. Any ideas why switching the water demand on and then off again stops the kettling effect ??

Do you have a S plan with a number of 2 port valves or a Y (or W) plan with one 3 port mid position valve or diverter valve?

Are your TRVS open?
Got water/pressure in the system?

Do you have a S plan with a number of 2 port valves or a Y (or W) plan with one 3 port mid position valve or diverter valve?
Hi John, it is a "Y" plan system. It also has an extra pump in addition to the one within the boiler. In total there are 18 radiators. Thanks - Cliff.

Thanks for the help.
I've stripped out the heat exchanger and removed the scale. after refitting it's now working perfectly - Regards - Cliff.

Reply to Vokera 35E in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock