Search the forum,

Discuss Vitra ts 823 flush problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, new to the group and need advice with my Vitra ts823. The toilet stopped flushing and there is water constantly trickling inside it. I've removed the lid but not sure which part is knackered. I've tried pulling /pushing any bits that look like they should move but the trickle doesn't get faster r slower, there's a valve on the left side of the cistern that is "hissing" and I suspect that this might be the problem but don't want to buy one just for the hell of it. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_171551.jpg
    IMG_20220806_171551.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220806_171557.jpg
    IMG_20220806_171557.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 8
It sounds like the flush valve is leaking (it's the column thing in the middle - your first photo), so the cistern never fills properly, so it doesn't flush. The inlet valve will continue running trying to fill the cistern - no need to fiddle with that as it is probably not the problem!
The flush assembly is usually attached by a sort of bayonet connection near the bottom, so you rotate the whole column a bit and it pulls up and off.
If you get it out you should see a big circular silicone washer at the bottom that probably needs replacing, or it may just be covered in calcium deposit and need cleaning. If it's worn or frilly round the edge you need to get a new washer/seal.

The other possibility is that the mechanism is stuck or stiff and doesn't drop down fully to seal, in which case if you can't easily see what's wrong, best to just buy a complete replacement - see below.

Can you turn the water to this off in the meantime?

Does the whole assembly look like this one: Siamp Monaco Optima 49 Dual Flush Valve Inc Push Button 32499910 - https://www.fixthebog.uk/siamp-monaco-optima-49-dual-flush-valve-inc-push-button-32499910/?

Or you may just need one of these: Siamp Optima 49/50 Flush Valve Seal Diaphragm Syphon Washer - https://www.fixthebog.uk/siamp-optima-49-50-flush-valve-seal-diaphragm-syphon-washer/?

Last edited:
Does the toilet cistern fill up eg should be upto the mark / water line on the cistern if no fill valve is gone and needs replacing

Reply to Vitra ts 823 flush problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock