Search the forum,

Discuss Vintage Bath and Basin tap help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello - just moved house and have inherited a classic bathroom suite (avocado). We're keeping it for the moment, but need to do a bit of work to the taps. All are difficult to stop dripping and not very attractive any more. I bought some tap reviver tops but they didn't fit. Googling, I can't find any pictures that look like the basin washers, and can't find reviver kits or new tops for them or the bath ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks. Bath taps say BS1010 3/4 no.28 on them.

IMG_5169.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5170.JPG

14B2C747-28DF-428B-9952-0616404D71BB.png
Dis connect both taps and put in a deck mixer...solves all your problems...inc. getting the separeate taps tight ...dead easy
...are you sure its avocado...?
it might be Sage Green but not
champagne ...fitted all that stuff years ago...choclate brown, parrot yellow, cerise, even black
then 7 years later we ripped it all out and back to....white...£33.00 its a no brainer and you get a shower head
centralheatking

Last edited:
The basin taps I'm pretty sure are Pegler. Unf Pegler no longer do any taps.

The bath is a three hole set but that can be converted to two single taps. Personally, in this instance, I'd buy taps from the instinct range. They are very reasonable, pretty well made too, so you'd mose likely be able to reuse later.

2 separate taps for your bath ones and a hole blank for where spout is.

The basin taps I'm pretty sure are Pegler. Unf Pegler no longer do any taps.

The bath is a three hole set but that can be converted to two single taps. Personally, in this instance, I'd buy taps from the instinct range. They are very reasonable, pretty well made too, so you'd mose likely be able to reuse later.

2 separate taps for your bath ones and a hole blank for where spout is.

Think you maybe a little muddled up? Bath tap looks standard, basin looks 3 hole?

Who makes Peglers taps then?

Think you maybe a little muddled up? Bath tap looks standard, basin looks 3 hole?

Who makes Peglers taps then?

Prob :(

Pegler stopped making taps on Jan 1st 2019. Another company in the group (Comap in Lancashire) have taken over (so far as I understand) the former Pegler contracts (such as making for the merchant brand Instinct). However the Pegler brand cannot be used or referenced.

Reply to Vintage Bath and Basin tap help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock