Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 100-w configuration with Nest in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had never seen or commissioned this boiler before, so I guess he didn't do it in the most efficient way:
1. I've got Google Nest thermostat but it looks to be connected as a regular switch on/off thermostat - not in Opentherm mode.
2. The boiler display and Vicare app always show that Heating circuit 1 is off. But the boiler does switch on when Nest wants so. If I switch on Heating circuit in the boiler, it starts working based on the Vicare app schedule.
2. Flow temperature gets to 70 when triggered by Nest. Adjustment of regular/comfort/reduced flow temp in the Heating circuit doesn't change anything (well, probably because the boiler thinks the Heating circuit is Off all the time).
So my guess is that the installer connected the Nest as an external heating demand trigger. I went to parameters menu and changed "Flow temperature for External demand" from 70 to 55 - it helped, and now Flow sets around 55 when triggered by Nest.

I want the boiler to be as efficient as possible. The question I have now is - can I do something with the configuration myself to make it more efficient (I don't know if weather compensation is enabled at all, for ex), or shall I invite an engineer who can reconfigure it to work with Nest via Opentherm (dynamic flow temp change, etc)?

Any advice?

I've had a viessmann 100-w with Nest for 3 years. The Nest is connected via the opentherm connections so it can modulate the boiler. I spoke to viessmann and they said you can't have both Nest installed on opentherm and the outside temperature sensor installed, (so I didn't install the temp sensor).

I've had a viessmann 100-w with Nest for 3 years. The Nest is connected via the opentherm connections so it can modulate the boiler. I spoke to viessmann and they said you can't have both Nest installed on opentherm and the outside temperature sensor installed, (so I didn't install the temp sensor).
Thanks, this is really helpful. Has it been useful or more efficient to have the connection via opentherm?

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 100-w configuration with Nest in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock