Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitoden 200-W vs Worcester 36CDI in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for a bit of advice on which one of these two to get, or any other similar suggestions? Just moved into an old Victorian property and we are replacing the boiler. Considering efficiency and reliability which one should I go for? Many thanks

200w but look at insulation levels first as this is key and double / tripple glazing etc

Thank you. Are you able to expand a little more on the reason for your choice of the 200w? Thanks

It all comes down to the installer and how they install it but

Stainless steel components as Worcester are alu I’m not saying the 36cdi is a bad boiler there brilliant

It’s just down to the installer and the 200 has a bit better user and controls strategy

It all comes down to the installer and how they install it but

Stainless steel components as Worcester are alu I’m not saying the 36cdi is a bad boiler there brilliant

It’s just down to the installer and the 200 has a bit better user and controls strategy
Thanks again for your reply! One more question if you don’t mind? Are there any Worcester boilers that you would recommend over the 200-W or would that be the choice regardless of Worcester model? How would you rate Viessmann reliability in comparison? I assume you install and service boilers?

Cdi is the best boiler Worcester do 8000 is the same eg Cdi yes install and service all types

Would recommend going weather comp and an internal stat

Cdi is the best boiler Worcester do 8000 is the same eg Cdi yes install and service all types

Would recommend going weather comp and an internal stat
The 8000 is replacement for cdi but that's about where the similarly ends.
I would rate 8000 over 200-w on afersales and controls if used with bosch easycontrol.
Worcesters aluminium heat exchangers shouldn't be grouped with general aluminium heat exchangers, they are solid and well proven. I don't consider any sacrifice in reliability infact I'd perhaps rate Worcester aluminium over most SS.
The 8000 is big tho and 4000 is the best choice up to 30kw

The 8000 is replacement for cdi but that's about where the similarly ends.
I would rate 8000 over 200-w on afersales and controls if used with bosch easycontrol.
Worcesters aluminium heat exchangers shouldn't be grouped with general aluminium heat exchangers, they are solid and well proven. I don't consider any sacrifice in reliability infact I'd perhaps rate Worcester aluminium over most SS.
The 8000 is big tho and 4000 is the best choice up to 30kw

Same plastic components and div valve only difference condy trap and gas valve and part of the harness

Same plastic components and div valve only difference condy trap and gas valve and part of the harness
As a pile of parts, but completely different boiler.
The 10:1 ratio is the most important practical difference aswell as wireless key and improved interface and aesthetic.
I certainly wouldn't be happy to accept a cdi in place of 8000.
Certainly viessmann is a nicer boiler. If they stepped up to Worcester with aftercare and improved the vicare to match easycontrol then the boiler quality and built in wifi would leave competition in the dust.

I'll concede they are same build quality and comparable with some shared parts but certainly not the same

As a pile of parts, but completely different boiler.
The 10:1 ratio is the most important practical difference aswell as wireless key and improved interface and aesthetic.
I certainly wouldn't be happy to accept a cdi in place of 8000.
Certainly viessmann is a nicer boiler. If they stepped up to Worcester with aftercare and improved the vicare to match easycontrol then the boiler quality and built in wifi would leave competition in the dust.

Wireless key don’t get me started on that crap only use it on the style not the life even tho it’s got the port (to enable the on board programmer )

What's the problem with it?

You can’t use just the room stat module / timer no dual on the life due to it not being compatible it’s only for the style

Reply to Viessmann Vitoden 200-W vs Worcester 36CDI in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock