Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Think hard before you buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tftftf

I am posting this to warn potential purchasers of Viessmann boilers. It may be that these are good boilers, it may be that they are fairly reliable. But in my recent experience getting parts can be a NIGHTMARE.

No stock in the UK is the likely response. Advise a 7-10 day lead time to bring in part from germany will be the story.

Unless Viessmann wake up and set up a system to satisfy the end user for the lifetime of the product DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE BOILERS. A system is needed where these parts can be sent out direct from the (susbstantial) stocks hld in germany the same day by post with credit card orderingand no fuss. Or stock should be kept in the UK sufficient to meet obvious needs of existing boiler owners - but it is not.

You might think a part would come with its appropriate gasket (eg for your ignition block) but no, you will find that is a separate part number so you could end up thinking your urgently needed goods are on the way but actually not everything you need arrives. Not that anyone will tell you this when you make your first order. Add another 7-10 days.

I post this to warn other buyers, and to prod Viessmann into thinking about genuine customer service.

Yours, currently cold, Tim

Sorry your cold Tim and youve had bad cutomer service, Viessmann is all I fit nowadays unless suplied by the customer, difficulty obtaining parts isnt isolated to one make of boiler I remember trying to get hold of a new burner assembly for a BAXI 133he only to be told that there wouldnt be any in the uk for the next 3 wks, alot of the early uk spec boilers from Viessman werent very good as they had focused too much on speccing them to the uks cost concoius (sp?) market. They have spent alot of time and money adressing this and the latest 100 and especialy 200 series are more like what you will find on sale in Germany ,a market where people will not stand for poor quality.

Sorry you have had a bad run Tim, might be worth ringing your local rep, their reputation is at stake and I would hardly think they would want this banded about forums so give them a bit of stick and see where you get.

On a lighter note, least its 25 degrees outside!

Haha I havent got the foggiest how I ended up commenting on such an old post, so much for a day off. I need to avoid the guiness for a few hours!

i had a problem with a "dover" i asked for a part and was diected to a spares supplier the part was useless i complained and was told to speak to the local rep there seems a very cosy world around salisbury the rep said i should have spoken direct to the spares supplier !!!!! i though i was meant to ask viesmann there meant to know anyway the spare supplier is in the same building as a viessmann specalist and they seem cosy with the area business manager so i dont think i,ll be going down the viessmann route and viessmann always come up with their next generation of boilers are so much better than the last why didnt they get the last ones right

i had a problem with a "dover" i asked for a part and was diected to a spares supplier the part was useless i complained and was told to speak to the local rep there seems a very cosy world around salisbury the rep said i should have spoken direct to the spares supplier !!!!! i though i was meant to ask viesmann there meant to know anyway the spare supplier is in the same building as a viessmann specalist and they seem cosy with the area business manager so i dont think i,ll be going down the viessmann route and viessmann always come up with their next generation of boilers are so much better than the last why didnt they get the last ones right
In order to make them cheap enough for the uk market they compromised on the quality of parts of the mk1 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Think hard before you buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm new on this forum so my apology if this is not the correct etiquette. Earlier I thought I was posting this question on a forum but think I actually "started a conversation" with Scott) I am looking for advice on Viessman 111W corroding hoses. Background: I currently have a 19 year old...
Replies
Views
the plum
T
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
C
The situation: One of the first versions of Viessmann Vitoden 100 18kW regular boiler, powering ten rads in a two down, three up home. The boiler struggles to heat the home (when it's working) and the rads appear appropriately sized. Three times in the last nine months our engineers have had...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
After a trip to germany, i discovered how popular viessmann boilers are over there. They are very reasonable priced alot easier to install than worcesters. If you do the free course, they have 5 years parts and labour guarentee, and 10 years on heat exchanger. Iv only been on my own for 6...
Replies
Views
C
I was wondering if you can help me with the design of my heating system that I am upgrading. I plan to buy a Viessmann Vitodens 200w system 26 Kw (WB2C). Ideally I want to plumb the radiator flow and return to a System Zone 4 manifold, as I have very poor circulation down stairs compared to...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock