Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann oil boiler advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I’m looking to install a central heating system in a 3 bed 1860’s solid stone walled cottage. It only has a coal fire at present so it will be a complete system from scratch. We are keen to future proof it to some extent.
our thoughts are a Viessmann oil boiler connected to a thermal store and perhaps connected to solar thermal panels as well. So the thermal store can run radiators upstairs and underfloor heating downstairs as well as providing mains domestic hot water. Does anyone have a similar set up and can anyone offer thoughts or advice please as well as perhaps how much these Viessmann vitorondens oil boilers cost? There seems to be prices for their gas boilers all over the internet but it’s neigh in impossible to get a price for a Viessmann oil boiler.
Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts

I'm off work at the moment and have been for some time, so only know of the Viessmann oil boilers, never touched one. From what I do know is they are very good units and a number of my associates like them. The system you propose is a common one in the oil sector. I suggest you find an experienced viessmann oil engineer familiar with your design requirements to your needs/wants and have them do a thorough heat loss calculation to establish your needs first.
In terms of price I had a quick look but couldn't see anything, I suggest you contact Viessmann direct or a few local plumbers merchants. I must warn you though their boilers are not your typical fixed rate burners, they are sophisticated units and won't be cheap.

Not familiar with the viessman oil boilers and have never seen one. Only came across my first blue flame boiler a few months ago.

You wont go far wrong with the advice above.

On another note you may find things harder to get old of. I'm at 7 weeks waiting for a grant oil combi and even grant cant tell me when I will get it.

Keep us updated with how you get on, will be an interesting one to follow.

Tbh I would ditch the solar thermal (panels) in favour for the pv type less to go wrong also less maintenance and just get them connected to the thermal store immersions

Would agree re solar thermal have installed quite a lot in past not doing any more .
As has been said can be difficult and costly to maintain.
When a company as large as Kingspan got out of the solar thermal market I think that's all you need to know,

Reply to Viessmann oil boiler advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer to discuss options. Ive tried to note as much relevant details below - apologies if its too long or irrelevant. Any help most gratefully received...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
I’d like some advice and opinions please. I have a 150 year old stone cottage ( 2 foot thick solid stone walls) some roof insulation and double glazed windows in a very cold exposed hill top position in the north western Yorkshire Dales. we are planning to put underfloor heating downstairs and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock