Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann 100-W B1KA Fuel Consumption in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a Vitodens 100-W B1KA Combi boiler installed in a new build. In the first 4 months of use the boiler has burned on average 500 litres/month. Not sure what I was expecting but that seems high. Any dieas of what I can do to improve it? I've eliminated any ramping by keeping the zone settings consistent. I've also adjusted the heat curve down to 0.6 - to reduce the max water temperature.

The boiler is heating 2 concrete floors (basement and main level), approximately 2200 sq ft in total. The basement is ICF construction (approximately R-40), with 3.5" of EPS foam under slab (no windows or door). The main level walls and roof are SIP construction (apprx R-50). Windows all triple pain - as best as I can do - can't afford those Euro tilt/turn high efficiency types :).

I have the same combi boiler (from 2017) with an underfloor heating on a concrete screed only (no radiators) and domestic hot water. 1300sq ft. Mild winter uses around 8-10m3 of natural gas per day.

Not a whole lot of difference in actual consumptions, 500 lires of LPG contains = 3550 kwh. cons/day ~ 118kwh. Natgas 10M3/day=~110kwh. but BC house is twice the size.

Reply to Viessmann 100-W B1KA Fuel Consumption in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock