Search the forum,

Discuss Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

One important part of a bathroom is the WC, loo, toilet, bidet or glazed ceramic pan.

How do I fix a toilet, WC or loo pan down to a tiled floor

Many units are supplied with heavier duty fixings like M6, M8, M10 coach bolts or deep screws.

The reason for heavy fixings is that the unit needs to be anchored down firmly and securely to its floor base. This is to prevent movement during use which would cause spilling or leaking of water, waste water and of course alarm to the person sitting on it!

If a floor has been tiled so that the pan sits on top of the tiles the question then becomes "How do I accurately drill the tile to allow the fixings to do their job - especially as most are at an angle"

This four minute video gives an insight into how drilling a plug out of a tile with the PORSADRILL tile drills from ********* can help installer quickly and easily tackle this task.

[video=youtube;7kAIdTf_27k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kAIdTf_27k[/video]

The size used was the 30mm diamond core drill from the best selling Bathroom Fitters Kit

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/365drills_pack.jpg

Re: Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet e

Ha Ha. that is so funny! whats wrong with just using a short pencil, 6mm tile bit and red plugs!

Re: Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet e

Ha Ha. that is so funny! whats wrong with just using a short pencil, 6mm tile bit and red plugs!

most professionals would just whip through the tile and anchor into the floor below, this is for the diy tool kit, to be left proudly sitting on the garage shelf never to be used again once they have cracked the wc and the wifes called in a plumber to do the job properly

most professionals would just whip through the tile and anchor into the floor below, this is for the diy tool kit, to be left proudly sitting on the garage shelf never to be used again once they have cracked the wc and the wifes called in a plumber to do the job properly

Not often i disagree with members but that statement is total Tosh..

365 drills are pro gear and eat grade 5 porcelain tiles like butter..

What do you use to drill Vitrified tiles with ..?

that raised a quick response dave, my little quip was based on the fact that I believe if a forum is to work well, leave the ads on the side and not in the forum. If the forum cannt survive with out being invaded by advertising within the actual questions and answers then it seem to have lost its way. Only my hhumlest opinion but if one or two members start to continually advertize then this will lose its way and the likes of me and others will probably move away, and then youll just be yet another advertizing base on the net

Richard from 365 is a big in putter on our forums.. and just because you won't use the product does not say members of the public viewing the forum will not.. and if our sponsors upset your time on this forum then it is your right to stop using this forum is it not..?

Sponsors make our forums FREE to use, we use advanced forum software and not just any old forum software that is cheap to run.. we have server costs, hosting costs, solicitors etc etc.. So like i said if it isn't your cup of tea Oldplumber then only you can make the choice to go or stop but you will not be dissing our sponsors without a reaction from us..

Any further issues then please contact us direct and not childish playground antics on the forum. Contact Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock