Search the forum,

Discuss vertical radiator - will it warm the room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer wants to install a vertical radiator in his living room (to replace a conventional double panel/single fin rad). His reasons are aesthetic.
We've done a heat loss calculation through the website bestheating.com, through which he intends to buy the rad. The loss is 1.28 watts.
It will be the only heat source in the room, which measures 3.3x4.5m (so a medium sized living room).
This rad has taken his fancy:
Milano Aruba - White Vertical Designer Radiator 1600mm x 354mm (Double Panel)
But at 1.36w, it's a bit borderline on the heat output.
The next one up is 2 watts, but double the price (£319).
My thoughts are that he'd be better off with the larger rad, which will be fitted with a TRV. (Hanging a second rad would mean running a lot of new pipework, which I'm not sure he wants to do).
What do you all reckon?
Thanks for your advice,
Jennie

Play safe tell him its not enough output for the room your the one whos got to come back and its gonna cost more than £200 to fit at a later date where is the room stat be aware of that . regards k

You also need to be careful of the flow and return temperatures. The radiator you quote only gives out 1.36Kw at deltaT of 65 degrees. At deltaT of 50 degrees, its only 0.97Kw, and at deltaT 30, falls to 0.5Kw.

Quite agree with king of pipes - need the next one up at least. I'd also be careful of the heat loss calculation, don't forget that also depends on desired temperature, outside / other room temperatures and coefficients of thermal conductivity. You've only got to be a bit off on one of them and it can seriously affect your choice of radiator. Don't forget who the customer will come looking for when he / she is cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vertical radiator - will it warm the room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature is measured by a sensor at the base of the radiator", says Jaga. How does this coordinate with a standard room-thermostat, which of course shuts off...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone 👋 I am getting a secondary rad put in under our windows. The first one is a double panel with fins. This is to try and boost a little as room gets slightly chilly in winter. I've looked at the calcs online, and I think a single panel with fins, type 11, should do the trick. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock