Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical Flue Install in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just had a Worcestershire Bosch installed by a gas engineer and heard him talking about having forgotten elbows, was it 90 elbows that he forgot and should have installed? The hole made in my ceiling is horrendous due to the 45 degree entry, but the plate he installed cover the mess.

Can someone please advise me please because to me it doesn't look very tidy having a 45 degree elbow between the bolier and ceiling. Did the gas engineer use two 45 degrees instead of two 90 degree elbows because he had forgotten them? Or is there a logical reason to do what he done? When I questioned him he said it had to be installed like that due to regulations?

Any advice much appreciated

vent.jpg

Ceiling.jpg

Could he have been on about different elbows, or did he specifically state flue elbows? Was he definitely on about your job? Hard to tell from the photos, but usual 1st port of call is the installer, which I get you have asked him.

Threading a flue up from the boiler between a pair of rafters, avoiding any difficult to move obstacles, and out through the centre of a tile can be quite tricky.

You can sometimes improve the appearance of internal flues by enclosing then but this needs to be done in a skilled manner that allows access for inspection / testing.

Hard to say from.the picture 45° elbows are better than 90 ° in allowing the passage of flue products as they are less restrictive , was this completed in a 1 day ? The making good is very poor and does looked rushed, the shock arrestor should be out of the loft space so its accessible for future maintenance

Attachments

• PXL_20210804_115748378.jpg
    PXL_20210804_115748378.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20210731_110808321.jpg
    PXL_20210731_110808321.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Vertical Flue Install in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock