Search the forum,

Discuss Vented/Unvented Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can someone assist me and clarify some points please?

Can I have a detailed explaination on the diference between these two types of taps

Many thanks

Not sure what you mean?

Vented taps are usually only used in conjunction with a water heater under 15 litres. They act as a safety escape route for any expansion.

I wouldn't put them on an ordinary appliance they cost a bomb and are pointless.

What they are mostly used for are places that have no hot water and so they fit an under sink electric water heater, as well as the vented taps, which then act as a vent for the heater as does a vent on an ordinary dhw cylinder.:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bernie

I have found a lot out from google and had a look at some example taps and instructions from 'Santon'

Its all to do with safety and expansion, I see there are a couple of different versions of vented taps as well

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented/Unvented Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock