Search the forum,

Discuss Vented to combi system making taps stiff! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've got a customer who's quite old and arthritic. He and his wife have just had a combi boiler fitted after years with a vented system and the increase in pressure has caused the taps and shower valves to stiffen. I'd like to try and loosen off the shower for him as he finds it very difficult to turn on and off. Do any of you know how best to do this or if it can even be done? He tells me he doesn't want to smell like an old man!

Also, does anyone know of a good non-slip product that I can put in his shower tray?

Cheers all

I can understand taps stiffening up but the shower may have different porting or maybe not, Mira shower has a nice easy move lever at the bottom and all new taps dare I say Italian don't have washer as we know them, maybe a change of taps all round a trip down to the showroom with the customer and see how they handle the new fancy taps there are so many to choose from, most now don't screw they are lift taps wall to wall. I have taps at home you can open and close with your finger tips or back of your fist, nothing fancy from B&Q

This will be a nice job to walk away from when you have made them happy, good luck with it.

Tony

PS I was only thinking of a tap change since they might get worse in time

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented to combi system making taps stiff! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I spotted yday foam (from shampoo/shower gel) escaping from underneath the shower tray, out the sides of the waste. I never really liked the initial seal...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code indicating pressure was below minimum. We resolved ourselves by using the manual and topping up per the guide. Sometime later, in some really cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached one of the photos when I found out the cistern overflowing above the overflow pipe) and one other pipe that has a small drops coming out of it that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock