Search the forum,

Discuss Vented or Unvented Cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

Would you recommend a vented or unvented cylinder? I have an indirect vented system at the moment. The flow rate from the upstairs taps is low.

We are having solar thermal installed and thus the cylinder will be changed. We can have a new vented or unvented cylinder installed.

What would you recommend? Will the flow rate improve from an unvented? The house was built in 1985 if that is relevant in terms pipework.

Thanks for your input.

1. Tend to agree with Chuck. However, do remember that if the water is off for any reason, you will have neither hot nor cold until it is restored. With an unvented system you have at least tank fed hot and cold until the cold water storage cistern is exhausted.
2. You need a minimum of 2.0 bar dynamic water pressure (dynamic = pressure measured with a mains fed tap running) and a flow rate of 20 litres per minute (preferably more) to run an unvented cylinder.
3. An unvented cylinder needs a pipe to drain off any water from its pressure relief devices. These are best terminated outside, although inside will do provided the drain pipework can take the potential temperature.

Reply to Vented or Unvented Cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock